pu sanding sealer #1370 ss
PU SANDING SEALER #1370 SS is a low VOC PU Sealer based on a very high solid resin. A two component material with high covering property, elasticity and sanding characteristics. Because of the excellent quality of raw materials, it does give a covering film of great transparency and minimum coat requirement. PU SANDING SEALER #1370 SS meets the VOC content limit of Annex ll, Phase ll, Table A of European Directive 2004/42/CE:2004.
Appearance – Opalescent
Specific Gravity – 1.05 kg/L
Viscosity @ 25ºC – 105” FC # 4
Flash Point – 25ºC
Non-Volatile (Wt.%) – Base 68, Catalyst 40
Application condition – Air temperature 5 – 35ºC, Relative Humidity 85% max
Application Method – Conventional, Auto Spray, Curtain Coater
Recommended Catalyst – Catalyst #160
Thinner – Thinner #225
Mixing ratio – Base 100, Cat. 50
Thinner – 20-25
Pot Life (20ºC) – 3 – 4 hours
VOC – 490 g/L
Drying Time (25ºC) – Dust-free 15 – 20 min., To Touch 35 – 45 min., Recoat 3 – 4 hrs., Sandable 2 – 3 hrs.
Coverage – 6 – 8 m2/L
Recoating – Minimum 30 min – max 3 hours medium sanding with 240/360 grit sandpaper is recommended before a subsequent coat is needed.
Prepare the surface to be painted with a manual or automatic sanding machine.
- Apply the required dyes or stain (optional).
- Apply 1-2 coat of PU Super Sealer with catalyst, vertically and horizontally.
- After the primed coat gets dried, sand it with medium sandpaper up to the extent not to damage the substrate.
- If required, apply wood putty transparent on nail holes, cracks and joints.
- If it is necessary to apply 1 more coat of PU Super Sealer especially on a deeper grain substrate, extra care must be monitored as microbubbles might occur.