Colours & Material Samples
- Easy application
- Low odour and low VOC level
- Ready to use
- Can be tinted with a variety of desired colours
Colour – See Catalogues
Appearance – Metallic
Grades – Smooth, Fine, Medium, Coarse
Flash Point – Non-flammable
Sp. Weight – 1.0 kg/L
Method of Application – By brush, roller, spatula, leather cloth & trowel
Coverage – 8 – 12 m2/kg (Depending on the porosity of the surface and type of application)
Drying time – 3 – 4 hours
Dilution – 5 -10% with fresh water
VOC – 52g/L
- It should fully cure at least 28 days and the substrate must be free from any form of contaminants.
- Ensure that the surface to be coated is sound and clean.
- The substrate must be primed by MAS Masonry AR Primer, MAS PVA
- Wall filler, sanding and intermediate coat with Mascryl (any colour) or decorative basecoat.
- All blisters, cracks, and peeled off paints should be removed.
- Remove any loose or flaking material back to a sound firm edge.
- Treat any organic growth with a fungicidal wash.
- Fill any holes, cracks or surface defects.
- Penetrated paint must be cleated and treated with 3% ammonia and water.
- Glossy Finish coat must be sanded.
The surface to be coated must be prepared as ready for painting.
Apply MAS ALBA to the surface with a trowel both vertically and horizontally to achieve a consistent, Work in 1-2m2 sections at a time. For a smoother finish, lightly run a smoothing spatula across the surface to remove any stipple.
At the edges (architrave, picture rail and skirting) or corners, apply the MAS ALBA with a paintbrush and smoothen with a trowel or spatula.
Leave to dry for about 3-4 hours under drying condition and lightly sand the surface with sand, not to the extent of destroying the effect of the paint.
Apply the final layer of the paint to the surface with the desired design using either Brush, Roller, Trowel, Leather cloth as thin as possible and work with the chosen tools in a motion that will create a unique design.